Welcome to the Washington State Human Rights Commission
Toll Free: 1-800-233-3247
Interpreters available upon request. Please state the language of service needed when calling our office. Para Español marque dos.
Reasonable accomodation for disability. Please call our 800 number.
• New Employment Listed: CS2-Bilingual
• LGBTQ Awareness in the Workplace
(lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning)
• Update 2013- FAIR HOUSING AGENCIES IN WASHINGTON STATE
• June is Pride Month - a time to reflect on self-identity, inclusion, respect and full equality.
June 1 - 28
In a show of support for diversity in the workplace, WSDOT will host a public art exhibit at headquarters throughout the month of June. The exhibit, Out of The Silence
, honors diversity and equal rights for everyone. The display, set in the first floor lobby, is open for public viewing during normal business hours and will close on Friday, June 28.
June 26th at 1 p.m.
WSDOT will host a panel discussion to promote LGBTQ awareness in the workplace at WSDOT headquarters in the Commission Board Room. The panel will consist of local professionals who focus on resources and equality for LGBTQ individuals in the community. The goal of the panel is to present an opportunity for open discussion around the following topics:
- Respectful language
- Understanding gender identity
- Information for managers working with LGBTQ employees
- Resources for parents of LGBTQ children
- Open Q&A
22nd Annual Pride Celebration - Spokane
Pride Festival & Parade – Portland, OR
Capital City Pride 2013 – Olympia
Capitol Hill Pride Festival – Seattle
39th Annual Pride Parade – Seattle
Coming in July!
Pride Run & Walk – Vancouver
Tacoma Pride Festival - Tacoma
• Portrayal of People with Disabilities
Words have power. Self-advocates with intellectual disabilities have clearly stated that negative language leads to harmful action, discrimination, abuse, negative stereotypes, disenfranchisement, and violence. . .
• Attorney General Ferguson files consumer protection action against Tri-Cities florist
• Fair Housing--It's Your Right!
• HUD LAUNCHES FIRST FAIR HOUSING APP
The mission of the Washington State Human Rights Commission is to eliminate
and prevent discrimination through the fair application of the law, the
efficient use of resources, and the establishment of productive partnerships
in the community.
For more, click on News